Wednesday, June 3, 2009

perubahan dan anjakan

Life is about changing. Changing needs catalyst and the word catalysts here refers to something that can challenge us—and a challenge here refers to something that is so bizarre, it moves you. For me, that definition suits heartaches’ definition pretty well (and some other bunch of words, but I’d chose this one this time). So yes, life needs heartaches to constantly change; for life to evolve; for us to move.

And another fact: after all these while I was told that no matter how our fate is written on stones, we still have our say in however we end up as; that we still have choices in life—I think I understand that better now. That concept is too complex for me, you see, it’s half way contradictory to itself. But yea, I think I got it... a bit...
So which evolutionary path that you take?—for better or for worse—you choose.

Though sometimes, change does not take place directly as the cause of our own actions. But we still have to move along to survive.

Consider:
I was living my life as normal; I was comfortable with my routines because I would know how my days end. And so I was minding my own business, doing my old and fine routine, but because of someone else’s deeds, I can’t watch my favourite TV series, on my favourite couch, with my hot choc, in my favourite mug, after a long day at work because Sally (my secretary) forgotten to pay my bills this time because her cat just died after being fed some poisoned by some kid living next door to Sally, and she only remembered about it when I called her after I realized that there’s not one channel that appeared on the screen as I pushed all the buttons on my remote control.
Should I blame that kid? Or Sally for being silly about her dead cat?
But then again—that’s just the catalyst for some change.

Now Sally has to find a new cat or some kind of new pet. Or a hobby? And she also has to go to the kid’s parents to settle some ground rules about the new cat and about behaving, maybe. Meanwhile, I have to consider not putting too much trust on Sally by checking out with her every time I let her pay my bills. Or I can pay them myself. And NO... I don’t have to fire Sally...though for a moment there I was considering to do so. *Mind you, that is a really, really important season finale for that series.

No comments: